Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building
Because I'm bored and like to poke the bear......

From Oregon/Washington BLM site.....
http://www.blm.gov/or/faq/

Quote:Are there limits on how long I can stay at BLM recreation sites?

The limit for length of stay at BLM recreation sites in Oregon and Washington is 14 days. This applies to all sites, both those that charge fees and those that are free.
Quote:Where can I shoot my gun on BLM public lands?

State and local laws relating to the use of firearms or other weapons apply on public lands due to proximity to residential areas, high recreational use, or other resource concerns.
It is legal to discharge firearms including handguns, rifles, and shotguns on public lands in Oregon and Washington as long as you are outside of designated developed sites and areas that have been closed to shooting due to proximity to residential areas. Consult with the BLM District where you want to shoot to determine which areas are closed. The BLM in the Pacific Northwest does not maintain any designated shooting ranges. While shooting please remember it is illegal to:
  • Create a hazard or nuisance.
  • Dispose of cans, bottles, and other nonflammable trash and garbage except in designated places or receptacles-pack it in, pack it out.
  • Deface, remove, or destroy plants or their parts, soil, rocks or minerals, or cave resources.
  • Deface, disturb, remove, or destroy any personal property, or structures, or scientific, cultural, or archeological or historic resource, natural object, or area.

Quote:I/we are planning a special event at a BLM site. Do I need a permit and if so, how soon can I get one? Will it cost me anything?

If your event takes place on public lands and charges a fee, generates revenues, stages a competition, is advertised, includes a marked course, and/or involves large numbers of people and/or vehicles, you may need a permit from the BLM. For all uses requiring a Special Recreation Permit, you must apply to your local BLM office at least 180 days prior to your event. For more information on permits click here: (link to Permit Page on website) We also encourage you to contact your local BLM office directly.
Quote:Do I have to pay a fee to recreate on BLM lands?

In some areas, fees are required. The use of most trails, undeveloped or primitive recreation sites, and open space is free. Certain highly developed sites such as visitor centers, campgrounds, and group picnic shelters require a fee as established by the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act. For more information on which sites charge fees click here: (link to page on our websites)

They may have to pay a fee.....
Ninja

Messages In This Thread
RE: 150 Armed Militia Members Take Over Federal Building - Rotobeast - 01-06-2016, 11:28 PM