Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dalton & McCarron are in a very awkward situation
(01-06-2016, 10:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: here are four crucial games over the last 4 years  that the Bengals won that to me mean more than winning in prime time and if they did not win these game possible they don't even get to the playoffs.

2012:  Last game of year.. they defeat Steelers in a play in game to the playoffs .  
2013   Both teams Bengals and Steelers start out 0-1, crucial early matchup ( actually prime time game) going 0-2 usually means no playoffs, Bengals defeat Steelers and go on to playoffs that year, Steelers do not
2014   Bengals beat Denver in primetime to secure playoff spot
2015  November win against Steelers, they still had some hope for division,, that win in Pittsburgh pretty much closed the door on them.

As for your point about attendance.. if less people are at the game,, it is less amped up.....

I've never said that the Bengals never play important games that aren't prime time. You wondered why prime time games are tracked and I've tried to tell you why. You still haven't responded to any of my points, so I'm done responding to yours. All 8 of our prime time games over the last 2 years were "big". If I went back more years, I'm sure I'd find more.

And again...it's easy to track prime time games, but what constitutes a "big game" varies from person to person. If you want to compile the Bengals' results in all big games, fine. I'd love to see it. But I can see why the media doesn't track that stuff. It's too subjective. It's really easy to keep track of a prime time record though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton & McCarron are in a very awkward situation - Shake n Blake - 01-07-2016, 12:11 AM