Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dalton & McCarron are in a very awkward situation
OP is getting blasted......I will say it was a well thought out post. I agree with most as soon as Dalton is ready, he is the QB his performance in the season got them to the dance. 5 seasons of learning the offense and reading defenses give him experience McCarron just don't have.

With that said I agree with you too, I think the biggest pressure comes against Marvin Lewis and management they have been there so many times with no success in 25 years if a QB gets you over the hump and beats the Stoolers that Marvin has only beat twice in the last 14 times in Cincinnati, now you have a tough decision.

There is something to be said about the bright lights of a playoff game and how Dalton has performed in each one, he was often sailing passes high, and had that deer in the headlights look on his face. The Bengals knew this when they structured his new contract, that's why all his bonuses are based on winning a playoff game getting to the Divisional round, another for the AFC Championship, and a final bonus kicker for the Super Bowl. The Bengals also left an out clause after two years because they knew he was a good QB in the season, but I believe were unsure about his ability to win big games. The contract alone proves it. So, playoff wins were that important to the Bengals organization in structuring Dalton's contract, it could become real interesting what happens if McCarron wins one or more, or like you say if he win's one and Andy comes back then loses the next.

Dalton played light's out this year and elevated his game, the only question that remains is will that translate into the postseason, until its proven, he is still unproven.

Of course all this don't matter unless they win that first one and Marvin's teams have never been able to do it regardless who has been at QB, who has been his coordinators, and many different players. . . .
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton & McCarron are in a very awkward situation - ShowMeUrTDs - 01-07-2016, 03:34 AM