Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dalton & McCarron are in a very awkward situation
(01-07-2016, 05:56 PM)Ravage Wrote: It's not BS, the statement I took issue with spoke in an absolute context. I set out to disprove that statement. Want a better example? Fine. Steve Young replacing Joe Montana. A journeyman QB if I ever saw one (He washed out of TAMPA before Dungy arrived and made them an actual NFL team) replacing a no-doubt HOF'er who still had plenty left in the tank (albeit not HOF level play).

I never said Dalton wasn't better than those three in either of my posts. If I did I'd love to see it. Nor did I at any point suggest that McCarron ever outperformed Dalton. I also never at any point suggested that McCarron should replace Dalton either. 

Of course, I fully expect you to keep ignoring that.

If your point was to show 3 QBs that had been replaced by their backup due to an injury over the past 15 years...

it wasnt much of a point. It does happen look at alex smith lost his job to Keap who was just benched for a jacksonville washout 1st rounder.

It happens. It all depends on what the team wants to do. How many years after Joe Montana got replace did he continue to play? If you have an older QB thats declining vs a young prospect you think could carry your team the next 10 years. youd probly be nuts to hold on to the older guy. over the younger guy.

But thats not the situation here. dalton is young in his prime didnt have a major injury just one bad enough to cost him some games. Dalton will be back and running the team next season.

AJM has pressure though.... Unless he wants to be the backup here again next season he could draw some interest from other teams if he plays well enough.. And his goal was to be a 100 mil $ QB....

But thats not very likely.... Teams will draft a prospect or go with someone with more starts than 4 under their belt.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dalton & McCarron are in a very awkward situation - XenoMorph - 01-07-2016, 06:07 PM