Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
48.9% of Unions members work for the Government
(01-30-2016, 11:18 AM)Benton Wrote: eh, I'd disagree. Do some lazy guys get protected by unions? Sure. But they also get protected by nepotism, favoritism, racism, and a half dozen other isms. If youve ever worked a nonunion job with more than 10 coworkers, youve asked yourself at least once how half of them still have a job.

that's got nothing to do with unions, but everything with an abundance of stupid people. If anything, sometimes unions get those guys out as they're dangerous to other workers.

That hasn't been my experience at all. Currently work for a large corp. and everyone pulls their weight, great place to work. Prior to this gig worked for an non-union division of GE. No problems.

Working in a union shop prior to those two gigs was the only time I ever asked myself why these people had jobs...but the answer was quite evident, its a union shop.
Not pulling their weight, with this entitlement union member attitude because management cant touch them. The "I refuse to do that task because it isn't in my job description" used to roil me...and were not talking about tasks that require special training but rather simple jobs.
That job is why I don't have a favorable view of unions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 48.9% of Unions members work for the Government - Vlad - 01-30-2016, 02:26 PM