Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
48.9% of Unions members work for the Government
(01-30-2016, 02:26 PM)Vlad Wrote: That hasn't been my experience at all. Currently work for a large corp. and everyone pulls their weight, great place to work. Prior to this gig worked for an non-union division of GE. No problems.

Working in a union shop prior to those two gigs was the only time I ever asked myself why these people had jobs...but the answer was quite evident, its a union shop.
Not pulling their weight, with this entitlement union member attitude because management cant touch them. The "I refuse to do that task because it isn't in my job description" used to roil me...and were not talking about tasks that require special training but rather simple jobs.
That job is why I don't have a favorable view of unions.

understandable but anecdotal. I work for a non union corp. My experience is pretty well the opposite. One for instance is I asked for a report two years ago. No shit, three years. Every few months I ask for it again. The woman responsible for it makes an excuse as to why she forgot and then... Nothing. I honestly think she doesn't know how to run it. But guess what? She replaced someone equally inept.

with a union she'd be gone. As it is, her supervisor doesn't want to train anyone else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 48.9% of Unions members work for the Government - Benton - 01-30-2016, 07:05 PM