Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
48.9% of Unions members work for the Government
(02-01-2016, 11:15 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I used to be a government employee (State of Ohio), and the union was a great benefit for the job I had. It helped me pay for my college, and it actually made my job a lot more tolerable. In the end they couldn't save my job from being privatized though. I don't blame them, because Kashic was going head hunting as soon as he got in office (senate bill 5 and such). After working in the public sector I don't know how there isn't more unionized jobs in the private sector.

(02-01-2016, 12:21 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Yay I'm part of the 50%.

I love it. Working for the state of CT has some great perks.

See, I can't sit here and say I don't have some perks being an employee of the Commonwealth, and especially at a state university as there is some additional pros to that. But the study presented last year to us and our legislature shows that we are the only state where the public employees, taking into account benefits, are more poorly compensated than the private sector in our state. When you don't take into account benefits there are a handful more that are in the same boat, but we drop significantly lower.

Not a union to be found for public employees here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 48.9% of Unions members work for the Government - Belsnickel - 02-01-2016, 12:43 PM