Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US military commander in Iraq and Syria rejects GOP pledges to 'carpet-bomb' Isis
(02-02-2016, 01:33 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote:  

(02-02-2016, 01:36 PM)McC Wrote: The problem with that is that our enemies choose to surround themselves with civilians.  And, last I checked, killing civilians is their basic MO.  I can't buy that we're the only bad guys here, like you apparently do.

How did you get "we're the only bad guys" out of this?...

Quote:Jihadist's wouldn't have the financial support and willing foot soldiers if we stopped killing civilians and supporting Isreal's wretched occupation and general war crimes.

...But that wouldn't be great for raytheon stock

You didn't.  That's like me inferring from your statement that you believe everything the US has done is completely infallible.  Wouldn't make any sense.    

To the other flaw in your perspective though, we've killed civilians and enemy combatants alike through a variety of ways across many years.  The US classification of those individuals as enemy combatants doesn't really matter when it comes time for these groups to recruit new soldiers.  When a foreign entity sends drones over a village and rains bombs down on mother / sister / fathers; you're going to get a little resentment regardless of what pappy was or wasn't involved in.  Its called blowback big guy and we're smack dab in the middle of the shitstorm.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: US military commander in Iraq and Syria rejects GOP pledges to 'carpet-bomb' Isis - Vas Deferens - 02-02-2016, 04:49 PM