Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US military commander in Iraq and Syria rejects GOP pledges to 'carpet-bomb' Isis
(02-02-2016, 06:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Quick question for you, was there a case of a Jihadist attack against the U.S. before our intervention in the M.E.? We all agree this fight has been going on a long time, but were there attacks against the U.S. prior to our influence in the region growing?

Not to my knowledge.  But there's no changing the past.  

Hey, I know our government has been doing shitty things for a long time.  Name a president, he's got his own list. 

The unfortunate side effect of that is that Joe Public, who probably never reaped the benefit, except maybe lower gas prices, is there to face the whirlwind.  That's how it works with governments.

What I'm saying is that there is no going back now.  There's no peace table to sit at because you can't negotiate with ghosts and shadows.  And they have no interest in seeing it end.   It's become an industry all its own.  So, you might as well be in closer proximity to the enemy.

Maybe we can start showing compassion for Muslim civilians when Muslim Jihadists do. 

There's no way I will ever take their side in any of this.  We've built more in less than 300 years than they've built in 5000.  That's the real problem.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Messages In This Thread
RE: US military commander in Iraq and Syria rejects GOP pledges to 'carpet-bomb' Isis - McC - 02-02-2016, 07:02 PM