Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
48.9% of Unions members work for the Government
(02-02-2016, 09:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: But you can test the waters and see what other places offer you.    You don't need to know what Joe coworker is making since the employer is competing with other employees and not themselves .

That sounds good in theory. Let's check reality. I've worked at my current position since 2005 when I got out of the Army. I've held two jobs since 1991 because I'm reliable. Last year we were purchased by a different parent company. It was more than three months after the deal went through that they let us know on December 15th. Two weeks before our health insurance was due to expire. They showed up to let us know our new health care would more than double. I had t taken a sick day in the decade I worked there, but none of our sick leave would carry over. We didn't have the opportunity to take any unused vacation days before we lost those, too. There was no time to get other offers to negotiate a better offer.  Then there are those pesky non-compete clauses.  Plus the penalties to leave without gI ing 90 days notice.  Then I argued for 5 months to get what they agreed to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 48.9% of Unions members work for the Government - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-02-2016, 10:04 PM