Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US military commander in Iraq and Syria rejects GOP pledges to 'carpet-bomb' Isis
(02-03-2016, 05:00 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Are we talking about killing 50 / 100 american civilians here and there?  On american soil?  What is keeping them from doing that today?  Wouldnt we be safer if we had our troops here to protect us from these threats that are apparently already present?

How is this a one or the other choice?  Currently we're supporting Isreal and it isn't helping the situation at all.  I'm not going to be quietly complicit as MY TAX DOLLARS go to contribute to a religiously motivated genocide.  You may be ok with illegitimate occupation and spraying of palestinian crops to control food supply, but I am not.

If you did not say that, I apologize, that was unfair.

We can still keep an eye on Iran without the current military presence we have in the middle east.  And they were once a much more westernized state before our intervention.  To say they've accomplished nothing is a bit extreme.  If they haven't accomplished anything, why are we so afraid of them?

If they are already here, what have our actions over there thus far accomplished?  It seems to me that we're only creating greater support for jihad / isis / AQ / general extremism by bombing the shit out of these people.  That's not an attempt at 'appeasing' the enemy, its a way to save american lives and reinvest in the betterment of our country rather than the destruction of another.  

I understand the reality.  The reality is the military industrial complex has made a lot of money in these endeavors and our soldiers and the US economy have been dealt the real blow.

You don't even recognize the everything we do is bad tone to everything you say, do you?

One thing I wonder is while we're chasing the leaders and the trainers and recruiters, are we chasing the money too?

And that's all I have to say on the matter.  Good luck.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Messages In This Thread
RE: US military commander in Iraq and Syria rejects GOP pledges to 'carpet-bomb' Isis - McC - 02-03-2016, 06:21 PM