Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
48.9% of Unions members work for the Government
(02-03-2016, 07:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Good for you.  You managed give yourself a ceiling.     Unless you don't have a no compete and can move when you wish.

LMAO.  Salaries typically do have ceilings because they are different than hourly wages.  No matter how much or how little you work the salary is the same.  You're expected to work until the job is done regardless of the hours.  That's why it is called "salary."  I know how much I will make if I work the minimum hours I agreed to work.  I can also earn more and there is an incentive program.  In fact, in 2015 I earned approx. $40K more than my minimum (without any incentive pay.)  If you had been paying attention, I already told you I have a non-compete clause and penalties if I fail to give 90 days advance notice.  You also asked why I didn't get offers throughout the year to test my value.  Well, for your information, you just don't go out and collect salary offers throughout the year for multiple reasons.  It takes time and effort which I'm using on other things.  Before you talk salary with an employer, they will want to interview you.  If they decide it is a good fit, they will offer you a position and that is when you negotiate the salary.  That's not the time to tell them, "I appreciate the offer, but I was just wasting your time because I was just shopping my value."  They would never seriously consider me for any positions in the future if I pulled some BS like that.  You seem completely unaware of how all of this works.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 48.9% of Unions members work for the Government - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-03-2016, 09:16 PM