Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy
(02-08-2016, 10:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Parents instill their values all the time in their children. How do you think adults form their beliefs, values, and norms? 

I see you are intent on using the word brainwashing, as that shines acceptance of the doctrine in the worst light possible. Brainwashing is associated with torture or various stress techniques. No one should be forced to accept Christ as their personal savior, it should only happen once they are mature enough to make the choice on their own.

I understand perfectly. 

I think adults form their beliefs on their personal experience. To manipulate someone into believing the same as you is horrible. You should want your child to come to the same beliefs as you through critical thinking, and not indoctrination. Oh, and indoctrination is a synonym of brainwashing. Bringing children up through indoctrination is forcing someone to accept that belief. I don't know how you can't understand this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - Brownshoe - 02-08-2016, 11:13 PM