Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy
(02-10-2016, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Usually roll with you Lucie, but we don't see eye to eye on this.

There are many ways other than facing a bully to give you child the confidence to face fear as an adult.

We must give then confidence and regardless what you see in the movies/ TV shows the kid that confronts the bully often takes a beating. This can be done through simple socialization (not the Sander's kind). Other tactics are to enroll kids in Self-Defense classes, sports, and scouts. I also tried to instill a strong sense of faith in my children. 

My oldest son is a track athlete, but like most mid-distance runner he is not very big; however, he has confidence, a great sense of humor, and a quick wit. Never had an issue with a bully and now as a grown man in the Navy, he still does not

They learned to walk away from the bully (figuratively), not out of fear, but out of good sense.

That's fine.    The bully test is a test for everyone.   Should we teach them how to cope with them?   Of course.     Should that mean to run and tell an adult all the time ..... No.    

the no tolerance for bullying is just another wing of the everyone gets a trophy crowd.

I don't want my kids getting into fights with a bully. I want them to be smart and also stand up for themselves and others in need.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cuomo issues crackdown on LGBT conversion therapy - StLucieBengal - 02-11-2016, 12:29 AM