Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kansas Supreme Court gives state until June 30 to properly fund public schools
(02-13-2016, 11:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: I started the thread saying the conservatives don't like public schools (well any education anyway) and for two pages they have proven me right.  Classic.

[Image: heartland-carlin.png?1398528920]

They want a society of the elite controlling the uneducated for their own personal gain.  Making America great again....indeed.

(02-13-2016, 11:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: Does that fall under the adage that man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client?

There is no irony.  Well YOU may think there is irony because you think the public school system produces the kind of people you want.  Versus the reality that public education can make this country strong if we take care of it instead of tearing it apart.

But hey, you're "self taught" so you surely know more than all those educators.

Rock On

All you had to say is "I don't know, what is the irony".

The irony is that in Carlin's quote he says the "GOVERNMENT doesn't want well educated, well informed people who is capable of critical thinking"

Who is responsible for public education that YOU support?  Yep, the government.

So anyone who is against allowing the government to have control over the education of our people would actually be in support of a well educated and well informed people that would be capable of critical thinking.

Now if you are a private school or home schooled person, then it not only makes your post ironic, but also hypocritical.

This is golden.  I am against public school, but somehow public school produces the kind of people I want.  Is that uneducated, uninformed people that is incapable of critical think?  Cause that is what public schools are producing, and I can assure you that is not what I want.

You're fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kansas Supreme Court gives state until June 30 to properly fund public schools - Sovereign Nation - 02-13-2016, 11:50 AM