Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firefighters disciplined for Merry Christmas billboard
I guess Vlad didn't continue to read . . .

Quote:The constitution aside, there were other issues with the sign: The firefighters did not have permission to use city time and equipment to pose for it, Ward said Monday, and that is why he disciplined them.

"They were on city time, with city property, with no authority," he said. "We have well-established policies and procedures. They were well aware of it. They chose to do this. They have to ask for permission to use city property for non-city purposes. They didn't."

Quote:A captain was suspended without pay for 48 hours and put on probation for 12 months; three lieutenants were suspended without pay for 24 hours and put on probation for 12 months; and 13 firefighters received written reprimands. The fire chief and the union president agreed to the discipline.

I think the punishment is excessive for the deed.  Surprising the chief and union president agreed.  I'd like to know what was discussed in that conversation.

In an unrelated note, what got Vlad banned?  Forgot to mask his IP or something he wrote?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Firefighters disciplined for Merry Christmas billboard - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 02-19-2016, 03:15 PM