Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu= virtually no chance he will resign with the Bengals
(03-02-2016, 05:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: My thoughts as well. Sanu was here when the MJ/Dunlap thing went down. He had to know that him and MJ were going to be in the same situation. While I like Sanu, I feel like we're overpaying by a lot for a guy who's pretty much a slot option. We still have to look for a guy who can take the roof off of the defense.

Rishard Matthews would be a great signing, but there's no chance at him if we give Sanu that deal. Matthews says he wants to be no lower than a #2 WR, but Miami is trying to re-sign him. This ridiculously thin FA market is going to see a lot of money handed out to guys who are basically #2 WRs and lower.

Exactly why I'm thinking we should at least consider the draft to fill the void. I'd go after MLJ as long as the numbers don't get too ridiculous.

If we lose out on him, I'd pretty much ignore Sanu and look at other options.

I really like the idea of signing Boldin and drafting a couple of mid-round guys. Boldin could hold it down for a year while the young guys get up to speed.

There's a lot of different ways they could approach this though. As long as they don't sign a scrub to fill the #2 spot, it's all good.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sanu= virtually no chance he will resign with the Bengals - Shake n Blake - 03-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Looks like Sanu is gone - Bengalbug - 02-19-2016, 07:41 AM
RE: Looks like Sanu is gone - Bengalbug - 02-19-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: Looks like Sanu is gone - BFritz21 - 02-19-2016, 07:43 PM
RE: Looks like Sanu is gone - SunsetBengal - 02-19-2016, 07:50 PM
RE: Looks like Sanu is gone - motoarch - 02-19-2016, 07:52 PM