Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanu= virtually no chance he will resign with the Bengals
(02-20-2016, 01:27 PM)Gohards Wrote: Since when do the bengals offer "a bunch of money" for FAs?

Giving that nut job any money is a bunch more money than he deserves.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I thought there was a really good chemistry among our WRs. I'm a little miffed that Mo would be so emphatic about wanting to leave. I think he wants to go home and play for the Giants, which would mean we'd get to face him in 2016. Can't wait to see how that goes.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 03:39 AM)Shady Wrote: I thought there was a really good chemistry among our WRs. I'm a little miffed that Mo would be so emphatic about wanting to leave. I think he wants to go home and play for the Giants, which would mean we'd get to face him in 2016. Can't wait to see how that goes.

It's not like Marvin Jones has come out begging to stay. Dude wants paid and wants a bigger role. When this happened with Mike Wallace and Torrey Smith (both better than Jones) we laughed at both the players and the teams.

You're never going to have an entire group of 53 people who all get along perfectly or value being together more than money or fame. Just how it is. Nothing to be miffed about with Sanu. He probably thinks he's worth more/should have a bigger role than the Bengals envision.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 03:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's not like Marvin Jones has come out begging to stay. Dude wants paid and wants a bigger role. When this happened with Mike Wallace and Torrey Smith (both better than Jones) we laughed at both the players and the teams.

You're never going to have an entire group of 53 people who all get along perfectly or value being together more than money or fame. Just how it is. Nothing to be miffed about with Sanu. He probably thinks he's worth more/should have a bigger role than the Bengals envision.

I hear you. I'm still old school enough to want to believe in loyalty. I guess we don't live in that world anymore. I'm ok with letting both our WRs walk. I'd sooner see them go than our DBs. That's why I just posted my latest thread. Marvin and Mo are good. If we'd resign them and our DBs, we could focus on the front 7. I think we have to be in WIN NOW mode. Upgrade at WRs. Give Andy & Zampese the best toys we can provide.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Goodluck Sanu, wish you the best. But you guys are right, we dont need to OP for a average WR.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 07:20 PM)magikod Wrote: Goodluck Sanu, wish you the best. But you guys are right, we dont need to OP for a average WR.

I had originally thought boldin would have been a good replacement or stop
Gap for a couple years.  They could now also go get Colstom or Andre Johnson at a very reasonable deal.  All 3 great locker room guys and could all be counted on as chain movers.  We don't need another receiver to be a 100 catch guy when we have green, eifert, and gio.  We do need a guy who can contribute on clutch catches and end the season with 50-60 catches.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 03:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's not like Marvin Jones has come out begging to stay. Dude wants paid and wants a bigger role. When this happened with Mike Wallace and Torrey Smith (both better than Jones) we laughed at both the players and the teams.

Agreed. The Bengals has great chemistry and you can tell they all genuinely like each other and have each other's backs. But this is a business, and Sanu could possibly make more money elsewhere. He did well when he was asked to be the #2 and as the #1 on offense in 2014.

Wish him luck. He's a good guy and did some great things for us. Would like him to stay, but it is a business.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2016, 05:13 AM)Shady Wrote: I hear you. I'm still old school enough to want to believe in loyalty. I guess we don't live in that world anymore. I'm ok with letting both our WRs walk. I'd sooner see them go than our DBs. That's why I just posted my latest thread. Marvin and Mo are good. If we'd resign them and our DBs, we could focus on the front 7. I think we have to be in WIN NOW mode. Upgrade at WRs. Give Andy & Zampese the best toys we can provide.

I can't recall a time I've seen the Bengals in a WIN NOW mode. At least not in the Marvin Lewis era.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Oh well let the Browns take him. It wouldn't be the first one trick pony wideout of ours they would overpay for.

I like his gadget plays but I think he's a disappointment when it came to playing wideout. The stretch were he stepped up when Green was injured 2 years ago was nice but he also racked up some drops then too.
Reply/Quote
I never really commented on this so i just will now...

I honestly don't understand why Mo would want to leave Cincy right now. He just had a lame duck
season in terms of receiving yards and has gotten worse and worse the last few years. He seems to
be a smart guy and this team has given him every chance to excell but he has underwhelmed besides
a few versatility plays here and there. He won't get much more dough anywhere else cause we seem
to appreciate him even with the lack of production and he has tiger stripes on his arms.

Don't get it.

I really like Mo too, love his versatility but i think MLJ is playing this much smarter.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 08:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I never really commented on this so i just will now...

I honestly don't understand why Mo would want to leave Cincy right now. He just had a lame duck
season in terms of receiving yards and has gotten worse and worse the last few years. He seems to
be a smart guy and this team has given him every chance to excell but he has underwhelmed besides
a few versatility plays here and there. He won't get much more dough anywhere else cause we seem
to appreciate him even with the lack of production and he has tiger stripes on his arms.

Don't get it.

I really like Mo too, love his versatility but i think MLJ is playing this much smarter.

A team is going to overpay for him badly...

I saw somewhere where they had Sanu over MLJ in top free agent receivers.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 09:24 PM)milksheikh Wrote: A team is going to overpay for him badly...

I saw somewhere where they had Sanu over MLJ in top free agent receivers.
Shocked

Happy we know something about receivers here.

Sanu's best attributes are that he can play multiple positions and honestly he has been a better QB
and RB in this league than Receiver. He has major trouble seperating and has been known as a
dropper. Crazy shit that someone, anyone would have Sanu over MLJ as a receiver.
Reply/Quote
Jim O and Paul D suggested an interesting scenario for Sanu.

They basically linked the Sanu/Marvin Jones situation to MJ/Dunlap.

They'll come up with an offer that they feel is reasonable and present it to Jones (like they did with Michael Johnson), and see what his response is. If he decides the deal isn't enough and wants to go somewhere else (similar to MJ), then the team will take the deal and present it to Sanu (like Dunlap).
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 05:18 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Jim O and Paul D suggested an interesting scenario for Sanu.

They'll come up with an offer that they feel is reasonable and present it to Jones (like they did with Michael Johnson), and see what his response is. If he decides the deal isn't enough and wants to go somewhere else (similar to MJ), then the team will take the deal and present it to Sanu (like Dunlap).

I'm not sure why Sanu would give off the vibe he's shut the door on Cincy because of opportunity with Jones possibly going to a new squad. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 05:18 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Jim O and Paul D suggested an interesting scenario for Sanu.

Ugh. This ran through my mind. It's also similar to Leon/JJo. The problem is that I don't think Sanu is a good starting option. He's just "meh".

I'd rather address the need in the draft or sign a guy like Rishard Matthews than sign Sanu for around $5 million per.

(03-02-2016, 05:24 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm not sure why Sanu would give off the vibe he's shut the door on Cincy because of opportunity with Jones possibly going to a new squad. Doesn't make much sense to me.

This has also crossed my mind. It seems silly that Sanu would leave for a bigger role when he could conceivably have that here if MLJ bolts.

Again though, I'm almost hoping we lose Sanu based on production/skill vs what he's going to get on the open market. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 05:24 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm not sure why Sanu would give off the vibe he's shut the door on Cincy because of opportunity with Jones possibly going to a new squad. Doesn't make much sense to me.

My thoughts as well. Sanu was here when the MJ/Dunlap thing went down. He had to know that him and MJ were going to be in the same situation. While I like Sanu, I feel like we're overpaying by a lot for a guy who's pretty much a slot option. We still have to look for a guy who can take the roof off of the defense.

(03-02-2016, 05:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ugh. This ran through my mind. It's also similar to Leon/JJo. The problem is that I don't think Sanu is a good starting option. He's just "meh".

I'd rather address the need in the draft or sign a guy like Rishard Matthews than sign Sanu for around $5 million per.

Rishard Matthews would be a great signing, but there's no chance at him if we give Sanu that deal. Matthews says he wants to be no lower than a #2 WR, but Miami is trying to re-sign him. This ridiculously thin FA market is going to see a lot of money handed out to guys who are basically #2 WRs and lower.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 05:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: My thoughts as well. Sanu was here when the MJ/Dunlap thing went down. He had to know that him and MJ were going to be in the same situation. While I like Sanu, I feel like we're overpaying by a lot for a guy who's pretty much a slot option. We still have to look for a guy who can take the roof off of the defense.

Rishard Matthews would be a great signing, but there's no chance at him if we give Sanu that deal. Matthews says he wants to be no lower than a #2 WR, but Miami is trying to re-sign him. This ridiculously thin FA market is going to see a lot of money handed out to guys who are basically #2 WRs and lower.

Exactly why I'm thinking we should at least consider the draft to fill the void. I'd go after MLJ as long as the numbers don't get too ridiculous.

If we lose out on him, I'd pretty much ignore Sanu and look at other options.

I really like the idea of signing Boldin and drafting a couple of mid-round guys. Boldin could hold it down for a year while the young guys get up to speed.

There's a lot of different ways they could approach this though. As long as they don't sign a scrub to fill the #2 spot, it's all good.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 06:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Exactly why I'm thinking we should at least consider the draft to fill the void. I'd go after MLJ as long as the numbers don't get too ridiculous.

If we lose out on him, I'd pretty much ignore Sanu and look at other options.

I really like the idea of signing Boldin and drafting a couple of mid-round guys. Boldin could hold it down for a year while the young guys get up to speed.

There's a lot of different ways they could approach this though. As long as they don't sign a scrub to fill the #2 spot, it's all good.

I have no idea what they'll do if both Jones and Sanu leave. I'd have no problem with Boldin for a year while we draft a deep threat and then look at drafting a new slot WR the following season.

We could see them actually re-sign Tate and give him a legit chance at winning the #2 role. Damn, that's depressing to read.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 06:33 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I have no idea what they'll do if both Jones and Sanu leave. I'd have no problem with Boldin for a year while we draft a deep threat and then look at drafting a new slot WR the following season.

We could see them actually re-sign Tate and give him a legit chance at winning the #2 role. Damn, that's depressing to read.

[Image: unwanted-male-attention-support-01.gif?v=1]
Reply/Quote
I honestly think that we may see something out of one of the young WRs from last season. Kumerow, Bennet, or Alford may surprise in TC. All three have talent and have now had a year to learn and work like a pro. My money is on Kumerow to show flashes. I think that any of these three could do at least as well if not better than Sanu.
Reply/Quote