Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the bengals really that cheap?
You are spinning this to support YOUR opinion.  Can you provide data prior to the AJ Green and Andy Dalton draft?

Prior to the salary floor being announced  The Bengals constantly rolled over money.  I believe they have always wanted to win but it is always on their terms only.  There is a fundamental lack of flexibility.

To the numbers you have chosen to portray,  of course we are going to be one of the highest spending teams now because we have been winning and we have locked up some of our better players.

That does not mean we are a free spending team.  Because of the results the past few years they have chosen to re-sign some of our core players prior to that there was a lack of commitment to doing so while also ignoring free agency.

My belief is those who complain about the lack of spending is because there are times when you sign a big ticket free-agent it can provide a difference while we choose to always say there are no funds.

So when is a good time to spend in free agency?  I think the point of most people on this board is that Mike Brown has never spent in free agency no matter the circumstances of the team.

Don't point to success when we have not won a playoff game. If that is success in your eyes then I don't think you understand the ultimate goal.

I'm not advocating a free agency free-for-all but I do believe there are times when it makes sense to dip your toe in the water
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the bengals really that cheap? - Deanlj69 - 03-04-2016, 02:15 PM