Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the bengals really that cheap?
(03-05-2016, 10:18 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So let me get this straight.  When you bring up past payroll numbers to support your stance you're simply proving a point, or doing whatever it is you do.  But when I bring up the payroll numbers, immediately preceding the numbers you just referenced, I'm living in the past?

To recap: In determining the Bengals level of cheapness, years 2013 and 2014 are ok to discuss, now, in 2016.  But for some reason 2011 and 2012 aren't relative, and a brought only as a result from those who live in the past.

Lance McAllister does something all the time, and it drives me nuts.  When supporting his stance that Bengals are great or whatever he'll of say they've made the playoffs 5 straight years!!!  As if this should silence the opposition.  But the minute someone says something about losing in the first round 5 straight years he'll say something snarky like "But we're talking about now, why are you so concerned with the past."

It's bs.  Some of you are so quick to use the past when it benefits you, then you try to turn around and give others shit for doing it when it doesn't fit your argument.

If you can bring up 2013 and up, why the hell can't I bring up 2012?  Who gets to decide the cutoff for a conversation about whether or not they're cheap?

Sorry, but I choose to live in the present instead of dedicating my life to crying about the past.  The Bengals have not been near the bottom of the league in player spending for a few years now, so I don't see what the point is in constantly squealing about it now. 

We just look at life differently I guess.

In 2011 I was so mad at Mike Brown for being cheap in free agency that I refused to pay for e ticket to PBS that year.  The Bengals pretty much admitted they needed help at guard when the signed Duce Latui.  But when thet deal fell apart they never made a move to sign anyone else.  But I am over that now.  I believe that holding a grudge is like taking poison yourself in order to punish the person who angered you.

If the Bengals cheap out this offseason then i will complain.  but I am not going to start crying now because of what happened 5 years ago.  That is pointless.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the bengals really that cheap? - fredtoast - 03-06-2016, 12:45 PM