Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances
(03-23-2016, 09:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: I wouldn't expect a bill that says no locality can pass a non-discrimination bill, or raise wages to be seen as discriminating at all.   Mellow

Well I just control F "non-discrimination" on the bill and got 0 results. As I said I have not scrubbed the bill and not sure if I ever will.  There very well be a clause in there that says a baker doesn't have to sell a gay a cupcake.

It just looks like maybe, just maybe the fine folks at NCRM might be a little biased and made more of the bill than it actually is. And maybe, just  maybe some folks in this forum fell inn line without knowing all the facts. 

I did find this when searching discrimination:

It is the public policy of this State to protect and safeguard the right and opportunity of 6 all individuals within the State to enjoy fully and equally the goods, services, facilities, privileges, 7 advantages, and accommodations of places of public accommodation free of discrimination 8 because of race, religion, color, national origin, or biological sex, provided that designating 9 multiple or single occupancy bathrooms or changing facilities according to biological sex, as 10 defined in G.S. 143-760(a)(1), (3), and (5), shall not be deemed to constitute discrimination.

There were also measure spelled out on how to report discrimination.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances - bfine32 - 03-23-2016, 09:47 PM