Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances
(03-23-2016, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I just control F "non-discrimination" on the bill and got 0 results. As I said I have not scrubbed the bill and not sure if I ever will.  There very well be a clause in there that says a baker doesn't have to sell a gay a cupcake.

It just looks like maybe, just maybe the fine folks at NCRM might be a little biased and made more of the bill than it actually is. And maybe, just  maybe some folks in this forum fell inn line without knowing all the facts. 

I did find this when searching discrimination:

It is the public policy of this State to protect and safeguard the right and opportunity of 6 all individuals within the State to enjoy fully and equally the goods, services, facilities, privileges, 7 advantages, and accommodations of places of public accommodation free of discrimination 8 because of race, religion, color, national origin, or biological sex, provided that designating 9 multiple or single occupancy bathrooms or changing facilities according to biological sex, as 10 defined in G.S. 143-760(a)(1), (3), and (5), shall not be deemed to constitute discrimination.

There were also measure spelled out on how to report discrimination.

I shared a news story...from a NC station.

Feel free to read it and watch the video.

The GOP in NC is just doing the work of god.

No discrimination as long as you just do what their god wants.  Then there is no problem at all.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances - GMDino - 03-23-2016, 09:55 PM