Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
City in Virginia cracking down on swearing
(06-22-2015, 07:33 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm neither low class nor uneducated and I swear like a sailor when I am not around kids.

Also, you don't need the comma after "uneducated". There's more I could comment on, but I won't because it's the internet and I too speak very informally.

This.  There is zero correlation between class, education, and swearing.  Suggesting that there is requires you to completely ignore scientific facts.  Earlier in this abortion of a thread I posted a link to an article about the "science of swearing"....it kinda goes against what these dudes are in here saying.

Arguing against reality is a common theme with a couple of people though.

Of course, I wont swear around children.  I know that a lot of parents would rather not have their children hear it, so I try to be respectful of that.  Any adult that has a personal conversation with me has likely heard me swear a bit though....just as I have heard them swear as well.  This goes for any adult I know.  I cannot think of a single person who doesn't occasionally use swear words. 

I also won't swear around my mom....but only because I don't want her to hit me.  On the occasions that something slips out in conversation, she always looks like she wants to kill me.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: City in Virginia cracking down on swearing - Johnny Cupcakes - 06-23-2015, 09:06 AM