Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances
(04-15-2016, 01:41 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I think they are being a corporation. For-profit corporations are concerned about making money and that will determine just how far their convictions go every time.

So here is where your logic is faulty. Springsteen is denying service to a state. This includes Christians, Muslims, Atheists, Agnostics. Satanists, Buddhists, etc. So to claim he is denying service based on religious belief does not stand up to scrutiny.

As a baker denying service to a same-sex wedding you are denying service to people based upon their sexuality. If you perform the service for "traditional" weddings but deny it to same-sex weddings then you are discriminating.

Kind of like that old saying, "I don't discriminate, I hate everybody." Springsteen isn't discriminating because it's a denial of service to everyone, where in the case of the baker it is not. Now, you could argue Springsteen is discriminating against North Carolinians, which would be true. But it's not illegal to discriminate against someone because of the state they are in. Ninja

Springsteen is denying services to people based solely on where they live. He has done nothing to harm the state; that's why I didn't bring up the corporations; as they are hurting the state moreso than just the individuals.

So are the companies being hypocritical in your opinion (this is like pulling teeth)?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: North Carolina House Passes Bill Voiding All Local LGBT Nondiscrimination Ordinances - bfine32 - 04-15-2016, 02:48 PM