Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question
(04-21-2016, 04:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I posted this as a reply on Facebook to a post about the whole deal.

For everyone that believes that transgenders should be able to use the bathroom that they identify as, let me ask you this:

The sports club/pool where I workout has the bathroom and the locker room as the same thing, which many kids use, obviously.  

Say your 10-year-old daughter is using the bathroom, walks out of the stall and sees a 45-year-old, big, burly man with tattoos all over his body walking out of the shower completely naked, and it scars the girl for the rest of her life, are you still ok with it because that guy felt like a woman?

Say your 10-year-old daughter is at the mall, walks out of a store and sees a 45-year-old, big, burly man with tattoos of naked chicks giving fellatio to Satan all over his body, and it scars the girl for the rest of her life, are you still ok with tattoos?

Say your 10-year-old daughter is at the mall, walks out of a store and sees a 45-year-old, big, burly man with with a gun shoot someone, and it scars the girl for the rest of her life, are you still ok with gun ownership?

Say your 10-year-old daughter is at the mall, walks out of a store and sees a 45-year-old, big, burly man with waving a flag and talking about how bad [word redacted] are?

Two of those three have happened to me (although one was my 4-year old daughter and the other was my 7-year old son). People are shitty creatures a large amount of the time and fail to use common sense. At the end of the day, the world would be a better place if people used reason and communicated. Instead, they don't and we end up with a lot of boogeyman hypotheticals like this one.

No, I wouldn't be happy if my daughter was in a lockerroom and some guy who is obviously not a transgender is walking around with his dong out. But common sense and reason tells me that guy isn't transgender... he's a sex offender. And that's where most of these stories fail — they aren't about transgender people, they're about male sex offenders masquerading as transgender.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - Benton - 04-21-2016, 06:10 PM