Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question
(04-22-2016, 01:02 PM)Benton Wrote: That's my preference.

The gym I go to, a couple people bring their young kids. Not many, but it happens. And any time I'm in the locker room and one of the kids comes in, I stop what I'm doing or cover up. Most of the other guys do, too. As a 37-year old guy, I'm uncomfortable walking around with my dong out in front of some other person's 10-year old.

To me, locker rooms are different. You have an expectation of nudity and your expectation of privacy is greatly reduced. Bathrooms are different. You have an expectation of privacy. I don't have any problem with naked guys walking around the locker room. I would have a problem if I go into the bathroom at McDonald's and some guy has yogurt slinger in the sink giving it a bath or is doing toe touches without his pants on.

And that's why the bathroom bills are fear mongering. It doesn't even make any sense to get terrified of how someone pees until you bring in locker rooms.

I honestly don't care whether bathroom bills get passed or not (of course I have my preferences, but I think this is much ado about nothing), but I think those that are vocally in favor of it don't care how someone pees either (and I'm speaking of the general populace, not politicians because we ALL know politicians have ulterior motives 99.99999999999999999999999% of the time). They're thinking of it from the standpoint of criminals using trans-tolerance to justify going in the "wrong" bathroom and doing criminal things. 

On an unrelated note, do we really need to have so many topics about bathroom politics? I'm not normally in favor of merging threads, but sheesh, there's like a PLETHORA of bathroom threads in here.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - PhilHos - 04-22-2016, 01:07 PM