Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question
(04-28-2016, 04:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And you continue to deny that there is a long history of transgender, and even effeminate men, being the victims of violence.  

Making it criminal for them to use the proper restroom forces them to sacrifice their safety.  Basically they are forced to chose between being a criminal or being threatened with the possibility of violence.

If you want to get into semantic about people "feeling comfortable" then I can show that transgenders have a legitimate reason to fear for their safety while gender normative people do not. Transgenders can point to a long history of being targets of violence based on their gender identity while gender normative people can not.

I even posted  a direct quote from a candidate for sheriff that threatened to beat up a transgender woman for no reason other than using a ladies public restroom.

You keep arguing against yourself. You start off with:  "Making it criminal for them to use the proper restroom forces them to sacrifice their safety." Yet you post numerous example of them being attacked for using the "proper" restroom.  

You just cannot continue to make up stuff others have said. Nowhere have I denied transgenders are assaulted and have stated that anyone that assaults someone unprovoked should be punished. I simply asserted that making it legal for a male to use a women's facility (or as you say the "proper" one) is not an answer and will only lead to making more people uncomfortable. To which you responded those that would fell uncomfortable have "issues". If the assaults continue either way; simply make the punishment more severe. 

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 04-28-2016, 04:26 PM