Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict our "washed up DE" free agent signing this year
(05-05-2016, 04:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I completely forgot Bowers was released. Coming out of college, he was supposed to be a well-rounded prospect against both the run and pass. He's got the size and power that fit what the Bengals covet. The only thing probably is that he's "only" 6'3".

However, since coming to the NFL, he's never had more than 3 sacks in a season and wasn't living up to his draft projection.

I can see a player like this coming in due to his size, but I also thought the same of Robert Ayers after his time in Denver...only to see him go to the Giants in FA. The main difference between Ayers and Bowers though is that Ayers has actually been productive whereas Bowers has not.

Bowers' drop in 2011 was amazing to watch. People couldn't believe he lasted until the 2nd round. Then it was revealed that he had knee issues. I know some people say that 2nd round picks can't be busts, but he's pretty damn close to that.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Predict our "washed up DE" free agent signing this year - Bengal Dude - 05-05-2016, 04:41 PM