Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question
(05-12-2016, 09:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And that is why I posted this information on how McHugh is twisting the facts.  Even you fell fore his misrepresentation. 

It is first important to note that Dr McHugh is grossly misconstruing the findings of the Karolinka study. The study compared the mental health of post-surgical trans people with age-matched cisgender controls. The study itself posits absolutely zero link between gender confirming surgery itself and the mental health of these people, and the authors themselves caution against interpreting the data in such a way:

I see that guy is agreeing with McHugh that Tansgender could be an issue with the brain and and giving his opinion on the study that we have no way of knowing if they would have killed themselves whether they had surgery or not. He is not saying anyone is wrong; He is just giving his expert opinion that another expert opinion needs more data. So this is more of we dismiss that it is a problem in the surgery; it could just be a problem with the brain of the Trans in general. Thanks for pointing out the same thing I did in the parts of my post you chose not to quote.

I have decided to get no deeper in the weeds with anyone on this forum on the matter. If you don't know by know that scientist often dispute each other, especially when it comes to the functions of the brian, that is your choice. It is noted that you and other think McHugh doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to the issue of Gender identification. You guys are entitled to your opnions. You guys are free to roll with the "expert" that writes for transadvocate and the couple studies she cited.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transgender Bathroom/Locker Room Question - bfine32 - 05-12-2016, 03:47 PM