Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion
(05-20-2016, 09:46 AM)Au165 Wrote: There should be penalties for blatantly unconstitutional legislation that does nothing but waste tax payers money. This is the legislative equivalent to a frivolous lawsuit.

I disagree, and here is why. While I think this is a pointless move they do have the intention of taking this to the courts in an effort to approach the argument in Roe v. Wade another way, essentially getting the court to overturn the decision. Do I think it's wrong and pointless and a waste? Yes, but not everyone does. Also, a blanket way of approaching that would be far too ambiguous. How do we determine what is really a waste and what is not?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion - Belsnickel - 05-20-2016, 09:52 AM