Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion
(05-20-2016, 10:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So are you saying abortion being illegal is in the Constitution? 

But to answer your question: Let me make up this "scenario" to show you that the marijuana laws are against the Constitution:

"Article VI of the Constitution states that, “This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land."

Colorado does not follow the federal law of The Controlled Substance Act and is therefore in violation of the Constitution.      

I was saying the basis for it being legal is in the Constitution, per SCOTUS. But you have a valid point in the rest of your post.

(05-20-2016, 10:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My bad. I thought we you said nobody here likes the idea of abortion; you were talking in a broader scope. Apparently, you meant the people currently in the room with you. 

Actually, I was referring to the message board. I am not sure how me using here would lead to the broadness of everyone, but hey, you do you.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oklahoma Legislature passes bill criminalizing abortion - Belsnickel - 05-20-2016, 10:40 PM