Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas responds to Obama and his bathroom dream
I figured this was as good a thread as any for this. http://www.gayrva.com/news-views/appeal-denied-in-federal-transgender-bathroom-case-schools-must-protect-students-gender-identity/

Quote:Just in from the ACLU of Virginia, the Fourth Circuit Court of appeals will not rehear the case of a student’s challenge against his local school board over their controversial bathroom policy. Gavin Grimm, 16, identifies as female-to-male transgender and won a federal challenge to the school’s policy which forces students to use the restroom aligned with their birth gender.

“Now that the Fourth Circuit’s decision is final, I hope my school board will finally do the right thing and let me go back to using the boys’ restroom again,” said Grimm in a statement from the ACLU.

The ruling sent down by the Federal court back in April details their reasoning for supporting Grimm, including a Department of Justice mandate sent out in January of this year which explained transgender students should be allowed to use the restroom aligned with their gender identity.

The core of this ruling involves Title IX, the federal program that gives money to schools, including gender identity as a protected group under the class of sex discrimination.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas responds to Obama and his bathroom dream - Belsnickel - 06-01-2016, 03:41 PM