Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you personally know any Muslims?
(06-13-2016, 02:51 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I don't have any close friends who are Muslim, but I have worked with quite a few as clients over the years. The ones I have worked with were generally first or second generation immigrants. I found the business dealings of the ones I have worked with to be very scrupulous. I've found that to be true of most first or second gens of any religious/ethnic group. It is almost always the longterm "native" born 'Muricans who try to play schemes, in my experience.

I have been particularly impressed with the business acumen and savvy of Muslim women. For a religion where the stereotype is of patriarchal dominance, the Muslim ladies I have had dealings with have been highly astute and outspoken. I get the sense that they generally run the business affairs of their family.

Would be interested to find out if anyone else has had this experience.

The only Muslim I really know well enough to call a friend is third a generation American. He works in the family business, but only because he hasn't found anything better. But he considers himself a Muslim in the way basksliding Baptists are Christians. I did know a cop growing up who was Muslim, he was an undercover guy, but I didn't really know him that well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you personally know any Muslims? - Benton - 06-13-2016, 02:56 PM