Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you personally know any Muslims?
(06-13-2016, 02:51 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I don't have any close friends who are Muslim, but I have worked with quite a few as clients over the years. The ones I have worked with were generally first or second generation immigrants. I found the business dealings of the ones I have worked with to be very scrupulous. I've found that to be true of most first or second gens of any religious/ethnic group. It is almost always the longterm "native" born 'Muricans who try to play schemes, in my experience.

I have been particularly impressed with the business acumen and savvy of Muslim women. For a religion where the stereotype is of patriarchal dominance, the Muslim ladies I have had dealings with have been highly astute and outspoken. I get the sense that they generally run the business affairs of their family.

Would be interested to find out if anyone else has had this experience.

They are good to do a deal with....  the traditional ones we can't have a woman involved in any part of the deal.   I had one freak out on me at a closing 4 years ago and yell that no woman tells him what to do...    It was a female closing agent showing him where to sign and why....  Ever since then we have a Muslim protocol, where no women are involved in any part of the deal.   

If they have been westernized then you get a chance to actually deal with women.   It's always makes the deal more pleasant.   

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you personally know any Muslims? - StLucieBengal - 06-13-2016, 05:01 PM