Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAYS AFTER ORLANDO ATTACK, HOUSE G.O.P. BLOCKS VOTE ON GAY-RIGHTS AMENDMENT
(06-16-2016, 12:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Example: I'm a 25 year old, Christian white male. I get a job over a handicapped, black female that is 50 years old and Muslim. An investigation is launched and it is determined that her credentials are slightly higher than mine. She claims discrimination.  Guess what I can claim it I say I like dudes.

Something less hypothetical but more anecdotal. My last job as an editor before I started doing the hiring, I sat through all the interviews with my gm. We got done, she asked my opinion and I told her. Her first words: "he's too gay to be a sports reporter."

He was the most qualified, the most interested and got along well the the staff he had met. But she was afraid hiring a gay guy would hurt the business.

If a protection could have been afforded that would have at least made her stop and consider it, maybe he would have had a chance.

Side note, the guy who got hired was super straight. Six months later he told most of his coworkers he didn't go a day without thinking about shooting them. Made for much better moral than having a gay guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAYS AFTER ORLANDO ATTACK, HOUSE G.O.P. BLOCKS VOTE ON GAY-RIGHTS AMENDMENT - Benton - 06-16-2016, 12:33 AM