Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAYS AFTER ORLANDO ATTACK, HOUSE G.O.P. BLOCKS VOTE ON GAY-RIGHTS AMENDMENT
(06-16-2016, 12:33 AM)Benton Wrote: Something less hypothetical but more anecdotal. My last job as an editor before I started doing the hiring, I sat through all the interviews with my gm. We got done, she asked my opinion and I told her. Her first words: "he's too gay to be a sports reporter."

He was the most qualified, the most interested and got along well the the staff he had met. But she was afraid hiring a gay guy would hurt the business.

If a protection could have been afforded that would have at least made her stop and consider it, maybe he would have had a chance.

Side note, the guy who got hired was super straight. Six months later he told most of his coworkers he didn't go a day without thinking about shooting them. Made for much better moral than having a gay guy.

How would that gay guy had felt had he known he was hired by someone who didn't want him because she thought he wouldn't fit what she wanted at that job?  Taking a job is a big deal and you should know your boss didn't hire you because they were afraid of a lawsuit.   

Personally I would love to have a gay guy on staff.   That's a nice market that buys and sells within their community.   Any employee though must be a good fit, for both sides.  

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAYS AFTER ORLANDO ATTACK, HOUSE G.O.P. BLOCKS VOTE ON GAY-RIGHTS AMENDMENT - StLucieBengal - 06-16-2016, 12:43 AM