Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAYS AFTER ORLANDO ATTACK, HOUSE G.O.P. BLOCKS VOTE ON GAY-RIGHTS AMENDMENT
(06-16-2016, 08:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you think that I need a law to hire a black guy?  Do you not think I would hire the best fit for my position?  

And what exactly is the right thing? Hire protected classes over non protected classes?

The right thing is hiring someone based on their ability to do the job. That's it. I don't know anything about you personally, I just know what I have seen.

As for that last sentence, what do you mean? Whatever race you are you are protected from discrimination by race, male or female you are protected by sex based discrimination. Everyone is protected by anti-discrimination laws. If you hire an African-American because you are afraid of a lawsuit and passed over a white guy with the same or better qualifications you have just violated the anti-discrimination laws.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAYS AFTER ORLANDO ATTACK, HOUSE G.O.P. BLOCKS VOTE ON GAY-RIGHTS AMENDMENT - Belsnickel - 06-16-2016, 08:44 PM