Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAYS AFTER ORLANDO ATTACK, HOUSE G.O.P. BLOCKS VOTE ON GAY-RIGHTS AMENDMENT
(06-17-2016, 09:24 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Did you miss the part where Benton mentioned the guy was the "worst applicant"?

She wasn't hiring for her, she was hiring for the company she worked for and so her bigotry shouldn't influence doing what is in the best interest of her employer.

It's funny you ***** and moan about feelings and safe spaces, but advocate for bigot's feelings so they can have a safe place at work where other people won't make them feel uncomfortable.

The guy being the worst for the job didn't fit Lucie's narrative. The guy made the supervisor comfortable (although he made everyone else uncomfortable quickly by talking about workplace violence, some enough to leave).

But your second sentence there was the big part for me. If she had been the publisher (the big boss) and made the comment, ok. It's his company, I wouldn't agree with it, but I would have understood it more. But it wasn't. She didn't hire the best person for someone else's company and cost him. I don't think anyone who hasn't worked for a larger company can understand that aspect, that the person doing the hiring (and possibly the discriminating) isn't usually the person it directly effects.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAYS AFTER ORLANDO ATTACK, HOUSE G.O.P. BLOCKS VOTE ON GAY-RIGHTS AMENDMENT - Benton - 06-17-2016, 11:35 AM