Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DAYS AFTER ORLANDO ATTACK, HOUSE G.O.P. BLOCKS VOTE ON GAY-RIGHTS AMENDMENT
(06-21-2016, 01:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What type of reasonable accommodations were you talking about when you mentioned homosexual and transgender? Smoking area, break room,....

The simple fact is that you brought up reasonable accommodation and transgender; yet when someone addressed it, you come back with "no one mentioned bathrooms". I find it "odd" that someone addressed your exact point, made a logical query, and now you just revert to the bumper sticker talk of "you deny rights". 

When I said "public accommodations" I was referring to... public accommodations. You know... restaurants, hotels, stores, etc. The stuff covered under the Civil Rights Act of 1964 when it outlawed discrimination in... public accommodations. As I said, depending the judge, sexual orientation and gender identity may not be protected as there is not federal protection. Gay and trans people can be denied equal access to the services provided by these public accommodations unless the judge ruling on the case decides that the existing laws do in fact protect them. 

Maybe you're confused because you keep saying "reasonable accommodations". That's a very different concept. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAYS AFTER ORLANDO ATTACK, HOUSE G.O.P. BLOCKS VOTE ON GAY-RIGHTS AMENDMENT - BmorePat87 - 06-21-2016, 02:14 AM