Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Rudy G. Says ‘BLM’ Is ‘Inherently Racist’
(07-13-2016, 11:49 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Those who are the children of immigrants from Africa or the islands do this too as they know their ancestral origins, but most kids cannot tell you. When we talked about race in the US in class, we asked kids where their family is from. This is anecdotal, but most white, Asian, or latino kids could tell you the nation their family came from a generation to many generation ago. For the black kids, they focused on which state as their defining origin. 

I show this map. Notice that most people in the South say their ethnicity is "American" where as outside of that, you see Irish, Italian, German, etc. 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg/2000px-Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg.png

I was getting at the part in bold in my post, must not have made it very clear. LOL

But yeah, I have definitely seen to what you are referring.

Edit: That map is interesting. Looking at the counties around me I find it interesting that the areas that were predominately Scotch-Irish are the dividing line between listing the European ancestry and "American."
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rudy G. Says ‘BLM’ Is ‘Inherently Racist’ - Belsnickel - 07-13-2016, 11:59 AM