Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie Jones, under hateful barrage on Twitter, fights back
(07-20-2016, 04:20 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: An asshole for what, calling the movie shit?

The entire thing escalated because of her response to his review. If she can't take criticism without playing a big role in it escalating into something else, maybe she should consider something aside from acting. Preferably something where you're not a public figure.

Him being an asshole has to do with more than just this incident. I find his behavior to be assholish all around, but that is why I don't consume his type of rhetoric.

It takes two to tango in these situations, or at least two I should say. Everyone involved made the decision to post what they posted and can take responsibility for it. She is responsible for being baited by a bad review just as he is responsible for being baited into returning fire. Goes both ways.

(07-20-2016, 04:26 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: If what happened can be described as "minor occurrences", Twitter isn't very consistent with the rules it has in place. Or at the very least vague.

And they don't have to be. Don't like it, don't use it. I agree it's consistent but you might as well whisper your concerns into a bottle and throw it in the Ohio river because that will do the same amount of good.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Leslie Jones, under hateful barrage on Twitter, fights back - Belsnickel - 07-20-2016, 06:25 PM