Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting America Back To Work
(07-28-2016, 06:11 PM)Benton Wrote: Like his overseas clothing line because you can't make cheap clothes here (according to him).

Although, in his defense, he just said he wants to bring jobs. He — as far as I know — has never not said those jobs will all be $11 an hour or less. Which, in that part of Florida, you can have a big, huge, kind of comfortable average life*.

*if you work three 8 hour shifts per day so you can make the equivalent of one $33 an hour factory job that's now in Mexico or China by guys like Trump, a move facilitated by guys like Clinton.

They aren't making $33 an hour, more like $7 per hour (for Mexico). 

(07-28-2016, 06:21 PM)Benton Wrote: That's part of the system that needs fixed.

Demand is dependent on price. Price is dependent on cost and profit. Guys like Trump are trying to keep demand high without it effecting their cost and profit. That works for the short-term, but eventually you can't keep it up as there are going to be fewer and fewer who can afford to pay the price as more and more wages fall. So as demand wanes, guys like Trump try to reduce cost to keep profit stable... which means paying people less again.

I agree, and I actually want a standarized Unemployment rate and have all of the immigrant work visa's tied to it inversely. Unemployment goes up, visa's go down. Unemployment low, visa's up. This is just basic common sense, the only reason it hasn't been done yet is because someone is greasing those politicians pockets to keep it from ever coming up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Putting America Back To Work - Benton - 07-28-2016, 06:11 PM
RE: Putting America Back To Work - Benton - 07-28-2016, 06:21 PM
RE: Putting America Back To Work - Mike M (the other one) - 07-28-2016, 07:15 PM
RE: Putting America Back To Work - Benton - 07-28-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: Putting America Back To Work - GMDino - 07-29-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Putting America Back To Work - GMDino - 07-29-2016, 11:11 AM