Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-29-2016, 01:57 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, could be, although I've never known him to actively do any of this, and he has been quoted using racial slurs himself.  If he was getting the law enforcement community and his victims together for a bbq and a sit down, we'd know about it.  He's all show and no substance, always has been.  He certainly has the right to do as he pleases, but his lack of action to really do anything about what he sees as injustices speaks louder to me.

I think you are being kinda hard on him Wyche. First, he's certainly not the only young man who comes off self centered, and seeks attention. Nobody can judge how another person spends their money or time either. Kaepernick has been active with a charity for kids with heart defects. How many of us can say the same? Third, he didn't announce that he was gonna sit. He did it, someone noticed, and asked him why. He answered their question.

I'm not a fan of Kaepernick. I thought he looked like he could be great, and slowly fizzled out. I think it's wrong to judge a guy for taking a stand that seems contrary to what we PERCEIVE him to be. Maybe he is what you think, but he just read a great book that changed the way he looked at the world.... That's what personal growth is all about.

Just be glad that we are old enough to not have every stupid thing we say or do be captured forever on the internet.... The fact that we aren't famous, and nobody cares what we think doesn't hurt either.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - jason - 08-29-2016, 10:55 PM