Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-29-2016, 10:55 PM)jason Wrote: I think you are being kinda hard on him Wyche. First, he's certainly not the only young man who comes off self centered, and seeks attention. Nobody can judge how another person spends their money or time either. Kaepernick has been active with a charity for kids with heart defects. How many of us can say the same? Third, he didn't announce that he was gonna sit. He did it, someone noticed, and asked him why. He answered their question.

I'm not a fan of Kaepernick. I thought he looked like he could be great, and slowly fizzled out. I think it's wrong to judge a guy for taking a stand that seems contrary to what we PERCEIVE him to be. Maybe he is what you think, but he just read a great book that changed the way he looked at the world.... That's what personal growth is all about.

Just be glad that we are old enough to not have every stupid thing we say or do be captured forever on the internet.... The fact that we aren't famous, and nobody cares what we think doesn't hurt either.

Meh, former teammates of his have very little good to say about the guy.....and that tells me at least a little about him.  I just get irked at this, because he is disrespecting the guys and gals that have put their lives on the line.  Hell, I am about as anti government as you can get without being considered an anarchist (and read quite a few books/watched documentaries that changed my perspective on things, we won't even talk about the LSD, lol).....but even I salute the flag during the National Anthem.....my grandfathers both fought in WWII, one at Guadalcanal, the other was artillery support at Normandy.  To me, the flag and the Anthem is about honoring those people, not the damn police or some crook on Pennsylvania avenue.  Maybe he needs to read up on Pat Tillman.

No, he's either seriously misguided here, or actively seeking attention that he no longer gets since he couldn't QB Pop Warner these days.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-30-2016, 10:01 AM