Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-30-2016, 11:19 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Yeah I'm a pretty liberal guy, though I did serve in the military as did a lot of the men in my family.  My thoughts are this, if I'm CK...I'd be more worried about my role on the team.  I admit, I'm a strait white male, so I can't exactly put myself in minorities shoes.  I try to understand, but I will probably never fully understand as much I'd like to.  At any rate, I don't hate the guy for it.  Apparently he feels strongly about it.  Also that being said, I still think this is a great country, despite it's faults.  I will always stand for the anthem and put my hand over my heart. 

Right.  I have quite a few African American friends, close enough that we can talk about this stuff on a real level.  Sure they're upset, and they also know some of these instances (Milwaukee comes to mind), are being overblown by the media, which just fans the flames even higher.  I get a much better understanding about what they are going through from these conversations.  I am very grateful for that.  I saw a lot of the racism first hand, hanging out with them, and playing sports with them in some less than hospitable environs.  That was 20 years ago, I just assumed things had improved drastically since then.  They have improved, but not as much as they should have.  I understand his angst, but he's barking up the wrong tree here. 

All of that said, even they acknowledge our anthem.  Also, thank you and your family for going to bat for all of us.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-30-2016, 11:46 AM