Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-30-2016, 01:27 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, those people piss me off too.....however, at least most of those are at least standing.  All of that said, it also has a lot to do with being a rather empty "protest" at the moment.   Now, if he backs it with some action, I'll gladly recant, however, I think he's just seeking attention, and doing that to get attention is deplorable to me.

I agree with what he's standing against, but I gotta ask Colin, what does this have to do with police departments and the bums in DC?  A lot of good folks of all creeds and walks of life died flying those colors......and they weren't politicians or LEOs.  At least get off your ass and act like you give a damn about them and their families son.......

I personally don't agree with what he's doing. I jus find it interesting that certain topics like this evoke immediate reactions like "Oh yeah? Well your mom and dad are white." Or "Go live somewhere else if you don't think or act just like me". I didn't hear him denounce the military, veterans, police, or white people. People are applying their on sensibilities to what the anthem and the flag are.

Demanding unity, allegence to an icon, the military, and the nation as a whole is a cornerstone of fascism. That's what I don't like about all of this.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - jason - 08-30-2016, 01:48 PM