Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-30-2016, 01:48 PM)jason Wrote: I personally don't agree with what he's doing. I jus find it interesting that certain topics like this evoke immediate reactions like "Oh yeah? Well your mom and dad are white." Or "Go live somewhere else if you don't think or act just like me". I didn't hear him denounce the military, veterans, police, or white people. People are applying their on sensibilities to what the anthem and the flag are.

Demanding unity, allegence to an icon, the military, and the nation as a whole is a cornerstone of fascism. That's what I don't like about all of this.

Yeah, I get all of that, and by no means am I discouraging his right to do that. He denounced the government (directly....and I can CERTAINLY get behind that...although I have a litany of reasons to do so besides just one), and the police (indirectly).  I feel that you are hurting people who are not involved in your strife, more than a flippant government and their LEOs.  A lot of vets are upset over it, that's a fact. The flip of the coin is that I also have a right to call em as I see em, and I see him as a petulant doucher, upset with his current sitch on the depth chart moreso than any social activism. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-30-2016, 01:55 PM