Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-30-2016, 01:55 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yeah, I get all of that, and by no means am I discouraging his right to do that. He denounced the government (directly....and I can CERTAINLY get behind that...although I have a litany of reasons to do so besides just one), and the police (indirectly).  I feel that you are hurting people who are not involved in your strife, more than a flippant government and their LEOs.  A lot of vets are upset over it, that's a fact. The flip of the coin is that I also have a right to call em as I see em, and I see him as a petulant doucher, upset with his current sitch on the depth chart moreso than any social activism. ThumbsUp

He doesn't come off as overly educated or articulate on the subject, so that's not helping him either.

Vets are always gonna jump on stuff like this. Who can blame them? They are applying their life and sometimes loss of life experiences to the flag and anthem. I would expect a passionate response. That's the reason a person facing sex crime charges for instance, isn't judged by a jury of sex crime victims.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - jason - 08-30-2016, 02:09 PM