Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem
(08-30-2016, 03:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt there is a population upset over the message, but I think it is directed more toward the hypocisy of it. Just as if Aaron Rodgers came out and said he was not standing because he thinks not enough is being done to protect LEOs from being targeted by blacks.

I actually think that if Aaron Rodgers did that for those reasons, the same amount of people would be pissed.....it would just be the opposite people. 

I feel like a lot of the outrage about this is directly due to his comments about doing it in support of people of color.  It just doesn't matter what you do while saying you support injustice against blacks.  If Beyoncé sings a song about it, people are pissed.  If the Rams receivers raise their hands over their heads about it, people are pissed.  It's because a good segment of the population just want to keep the issue under wraps and ignore it.  Seeing it put out there pisses them off.  The problem should not be acknowledged, because in their eyes....there is no problem.

Note:  I am not saying that EVERYONE feels this way.  I'm sure there are a ton of good people out there that are legitimately upset because they think it's disrespectful to America and its servicemen. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colin Kapernick benches self for National Anthem - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-30-2016, 04:14 PM