Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Are They Now (Long Lost Members)...
(08-31-2016, 06:59 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Since we're on the subject of how we were introduced to the old boards...

A friend of mine kept bugging me to sign up for an account. We'd always talk Bengals and, no surprise, I'd crack a lot of jokes at Marvin and Mike's expense. He thought I'd enjoy the forums. I was reluctant to sign up, and what's funny is I ended up posting as much as I did, while he never got into it.

Anyways, my introduction to the boards was the smack talk forum. Which was a little weird.  I came in guns a blazing. Lotta insults directed at the Steelers guys, which I thought was the point of smack talk but I guess I was wrong.  A few of them took exception to some (much) of what I said.  I think I called them a bunch of bandwagoners and accused them of having tribal tattoos and things of the sort.  I definitely remember calling them a bunch of internet dorks, which didn't go over too well.  The really strange thing was there were a number of Bengals fans throughout this exchange that were siding with them and ripping me.  Trying to explain to that they were pretty cool guys and I was being a dick.  And here I thought I was just talking smack the entire time (I was).  I started out my Bengals board career with something like -145 rep points, and manage to piss off both Steelers and Bengals fans for talking shit.

I then proceeded to argue with people in JN for about 3 months straight that Matt Jones wasn't a good signing, and was in actuality a pile of hot garbage.  That didn't go over well either.  Board vets like Fred Toast called me a hater for ripping on a "proven #1".  Ahh, good times.  Hilarious

Lol I was one of the proponents for signing Jones, man was I wrong.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where Are They Now (Long Lost Members)... - yellowxdiscipline - 08-31-2016, 09:06 AM